The Kokonas Indastri Koporesen (KIK) is the statutory regulatory institution for the coconut industry in Papua New Guinea. It focuses on the Development of Industry MSME’s for High-Value Coconut products and market access, Bio-security measures against pest and diseases and the coconut replanting program in the different districts of Papua New Guinea. Expanding the traditional copra focus to a broader high-value coconut downstream focusing emphasis, it regulates the coconut industry here in the country.
KIK is a government agency in Papua New Guinea that is responsible for regulating and promoting the coconut industry in the country. Some of the specific roles and responsibilities of KIK include:
- Developing and implementing policies and regulations related to the coconut industry
- Promoting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for high-value coconut products and market access
- Implementing bio-security measures to protect against pests and diseases
- Coordinating the coconut replanting program in different districts of Papua New Guinea
- Regulating the coconut industry to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Expanding the focus of the coconut industry beyond traditional copra production to include a broader range of high-value coconut downstream products.
Important facts about Kokonas Indastri Koporesen (KIK):